New national minimum wage
From Thursday 1 October 2015, the adult rate of the National Minimum Wage (NMW) will rise by 20 pence from £6.50 to £6.70 per hour, as recommended by the Low Pay Commission (LPC) in March 2015 this year.
From 1 October 2015:
- the adult rate will increase by 20 pence to £6.70 per hour
- the rate for 18 to 20 year olds will increase by 17 pence to £5.30 per hour
- the rate for 16 to 17 year olds will increase by 8 pence to £3.87 per hour
- the apprentice rate will increase by 57 pence to £3.30 per hour
- the accommodation offset increases from the current £5.08 to £5.35